Hogs Head Golf Course, Waterville, Co. Kerry
“Built by Friends, for Friends” is the tagline that we are currently seeing promoting the long-anticipated Hogs Head Golf Course, due to open fully later this year in Waterville, Co. Kerry.
This new links style course is the brainchild of Robert Trent Jones Jr., the renowned golf course designer, and will be situated along the cliffs of Watervillle with views across the Atlantic Ocean and the surrounding McGillicuddy Reeks mountain range.
The course itself spans over 200 acres and incorporates the Finglas River into it’s design, which we’re sure will deliver some scenic and complex challenges.
Incidentally, Robert Trent Jones Jr.’s father also designed the Cashen Course at Ballybunion, another stunning location with incredible designs that compliment the landscape and the wild ocean backdrop.
What else will be available onsite?
• The 200 acres at Hogs Head will also house a Lodge that will accommodate 48 suites, perfect for those who want to get away from it all and enjoy some truly magnificent golf.
• The Pro Shop promises to offer a range of the latest golfing equipment so you never have to step off the grounds (opening April 2018). It’s looking more and more likely that we’ll never want to leave!
• A full size driving range and short game facility will also be available with a Fescue Ryegrass teeing area (opening April 2018).
• The Hogs Head Club House – This modern and thoughtfully designed building will offer golfers all the luxuries required to enjoy the perfect day on the greens.
• The Grill Room @ McCarthy’s: The restaurant will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner from April 29th and promises to deliver world-class cuisine in a modern and luxurious setting.
• Men’s and women’s locker room facilities
Luxury Golf Coach Hire Hogs Head
With Waterville already being a respected golf destination, the future is certainly bright for this wonderful part of Kerry.
Getting to Waterville will pose a challenge for travellers, as the remote location is not particularly well serviced by rail or bus. However, we do anticipate that this infrastructure will be explored as the popularity of the area grows due to its golfing prowess.
Getting to Waterville and Hogs Head Golf Club
Hogs Head Golf Tours
For those of you flying into Cork, Dublin or Shannon Airport, the team here at Flynn’s Coaches will be happy to collect you and your luggage and transport you in luxury to this wonderful new golf course in our home county. We specialise in golf tours and transfers and can offer local knowledge as well as insights into the local golfing community.
Golf Bus Tours Ireland
Our coach tours and limousine services are available at your convenience during your stay. Perhaps you would like some assistance with your itinerary? Our local knowledge and concierge service mean we can assist you with your planning at every step.
• Flynn’s Coaches can advise on the very best golf courses in Ireland so you never miss out on your vacation.
• We are happy to organise reservations for you and recommend accommodation and restaurants for each night of your stay.
• Airport/Ferry pickup and transfers
• Luggage management
• State of the art luxury coaches with air-con, Wi-Fi, screens, WC facilities and power outlets.
• Drivers that recognise the importance of professionalism, whilst still delivering a personal service.
Call us today to learn how Flynn’s Coaches can make your golfing vacation an outstanding success.